Reynolds Town is one of the oldest black neighborhoods in Atlanta. Efficacious in providing a welcoming feeling and sense of community, Reynolds town combines traditional neighborhood qualities with urban structure. Lofts, houses, apartments, and even abandoned houses all reside in this area. Houses range from $70,000 to $300,000, the lofts range from $100,000 to $290,000, and the apartments in a similar range, except according to months. The streets are very narrow with the common parking maneuver being the parallel park. There are many community centers, small "mom and pop" businesses, restaurants, and even hair salons within the neighborhood. They seem to be camouflage, as if houses themselves. There are big parks, Lang Carson Park and Cabbage Town Park, where annual resident friendly events are held. For example, the Chomp and Stomp and the annual Wheel Barrel Festival. They are open to all ages and entertain all. It takes approximately thirty minutes to walk the whole neighborhood, but its easy to find yourself if you get lost because there are no winding roads. The people are very friendly and sociable. I found myself talking to a complete stranger as I walked by his driveway where he paused in the act of washing his car. Two intriguing things I saw was a well in someone's front yard and a tire swing hanging off of a tree. I didn't even know the well was allowed and the tire swing brought me back to the good old days as I reminisced being a carefree child again. Here take a look at Reynolds Town for yourself.
View Larger Map
Where We've Been
View Once is Enough Locations in a larger map
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment