I in fact, read the same Technique that Jasmine did. Another major article in that particular edition also had to do with the budget cuts, but hit home a little closer for me. The article I read was about the Academic Common Market, which I am a student involved in.
The academic common market is a program Georgia Tech is involved in that allows students from other states that don't have particular majors that Georgia Tech has (Polymer and Fiber Engineering and Nuclear Engineering), to pay in state tuition. This of course for me, is a fantastic deal. The catch however, is that I have to keep above a 3.0 or I suddenly pay about 10-20 thousand more a year.
What this article was about, is that they are removing this luxury due to budget cuts! The title simply said they are getting rid of it, so I was very scared for a minute until I read into the article and discovered I would still be allowed to participate in the plan for the four years I had originally planned to. However, I'm not sure if I am allowed to keep this program if I drop below a 3.0 at any point.
Yet another repercussion of these budget cuts is that the PTFE major, which is already suffering in terms of student base, will see a decline in students when the ACM is removed. We'll see how this affects the major in the future I suppose.
So the thing I would like to say is that everyone is feeling the pain here, especially through the form of increased tuition.
-Taylor N.
Where We've Been
View Once is Enough Locations in a larger map
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment